Reliable wireless equipment management (Monitoring & Control) is essential for process operators to detect any equipment conditions and failures in order to perform corrective measures. Typical problems facing process operators are often the difficult access to the sensors, cable breakage, cable theft and the time to repair the cable.
iNkwazi has developed a Wireless Management System called the ESS TETRA-RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) for ESS that will allow operators to receive instant notification of any sensor/equipment events. Control of maintenance personnel can automatically be informed about the problem and plan effectively for the corrective task.
Various remote analog and digital sensors can be used with a choice of different communication technologies.
The ESS TETRA-RTU allows for exceptional flexibility and modularity with the ability to provide 100% redundancy for critical management. Connectivity to any OPC (Ole Processing Control) based SCADA is easy to implement.
ESS S&A RTU features:
- Low data bandwidth utilization due to optimized application layer protocol
- Up to 4 analogue 4 – 20 mA or 0 – 20 mA instrumentation inputs
- 12 bit A/D, accuracy better than 1%
- 20 Digital Inputs optically isolated with lightning protection
- 8 Digital Outputs with open collector connections
- Efficient LED display of IO’s including analog values (0, 4, 8, 12, 16 & 20 mA)
- Logic Control via user friendly interface (option) Compact DIN rail design and plug in connectors for IO’s
- On board SD card enabling the user download of configuration files, control files and firmware upgrades via LAN port or reprogramming SD card TETRA TMO & DMO operation,
- Air Interface Encryption & TEI 1/2/3/4 supported RF Power: 1.8 Watts (Class 3L),
- Adaptive Power Control Supported Receiver static sensitivity -112 dBm
- External Speaker/Microphone connection via facility connector (optional) Frequency bands 350-400MHz, 380-430MHz, 407-473MHz and 806-870MHz
- Status messaging, SDS messaging, Circuit Mode and Multi-slot Packet Data DMO Group Status & SDS Repeated (optional)
- Operational Temperature -20° to +55°C
- Connectivity to SCADA systems (OPC) and/or ESS Status and Alarm control Room Monitoring & Control software servers and clients.